Thursday, February 1, 2024

Poetry from 1964 onward...

As a very, young girl I loved poetry and found myself writing it often. Back in the day - it had to rhyme. Here are some examples of my Poetry From The Past. Old fashioned style with lots of rhyming words, but the words are all mine. 

__________
Lunch Break
What a nice thing to do...
Sit on the grass
and read poetry
with a friend,
until the sun
and time,
chase the word-songs away.
Maybe another day.
© 1/1/1964

Colorado

Oh!  Mighty canyon

your sandstone pillars

cradle a river of time,
Protecting her,
beckoning her,
on a transient path
until at last...
She is introduced to 
an ocean of treasures.
© 8/4/1993


Dust Storm

If the giant pillars of gray earth
that swallow the earth so swiftly

ceased to be,

Would the quiet coolness
of an early morning
continued to whisper peace?

If the desert flowers
never were draped with
a mask of silt gone astray,
Would the rain that cleanses their delicate faces,
be precious, or perhaps
even seen?

Maybe the walls of speeding dust
were sent not to blow away,
but to give.
To replenish - fulfill 
to create a grand stage
for life to be lived as truth.

Were there no mighty storms of dust
some lives would never pause.
The force of the moment
gives time for reflection,
and thanks 
for the hours of life.
© 9/7/1991


 Until The Dawn

Tired little bird

With head under wing,

Sleeps silent now...

No

               longer
  
                                  he
             
                                              sings.

Hid by dark shadows,

Thick branches his bed

Sleep tiny creature

 The

               night


                                   lies


                                                  ahead.

© 1990




 CYNIC'S PRAYER
 

Give me Lord my just rewards

 Guide me through the dark.

Protect me from this evil day

When I do wrong

Look the other way.

Give my family love

and long life

Make my children grow up right.

And just a reminder

I'll mention this too

Don't call me - 

I'll call you..
.
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Current Work

The Write Words

I found a comfy chair and was writing at the Chino Valley Library , engrossed in finding the right words. After an hour of working on a c...