Thursday, November 9, 2023

Makes Perfect Sense, but...

... when you've been a birder all your life, and you're a senior, "unlearning" and "relearning" can be challenging. I mentally made a list of my common garden birds that will be renamed, and I must admit I'm a bit saddened. I am also anxious to see what their new names will be. If you haven't heard about the changes, click on the link below.

Goodbye to: Gambel's quail, Lewis's woodpecker, Stellar's jay, Bullock's oriole, Scott's oriole, Brewer's blackbird, Anna's hummingbird, Clark's nutcracker, Townsend's solitaire, Audubon's warbler. 

I understand the concerns and look forward to many new birds I've seen before.


https://www.boston.com/?post_type=post&p=28474286

No comments:

Post a Comment

Current Work

The Write Words

I found a comfy chair and was writing at the Chino Valley Library , engrossed in finding the right words. After an hour of working on a c...